Thursday, May 13, 2010

Groceries for half price. Don't be afraid. Get a deal from the clearance bin

Okay, so I've talked about buying things when they go on sale at City Market or Safeway.  You can save money that way but both stores have clearance bins too.  At Safeway Vail it is back by the restrooms, at City Market Vail they have some bins up front past the check-out counter.  City Market Avon has bins in back of the bread department near dairy.  All of the supermarkets also have clearance areas for meat, bakery and dairy too.  Yesterday I bought a tube of Colgate Total toothpaste from the clearance bin marked $1.39(50% off regular retail) plus I had a coupon for a dollar off.  So I  bought a tube of toothpaste for 39 cents.  You can find all sorts of bargains like that.  I buy milk and eggs in the clearance bin all the time.  Last week I had a coupon for NestFresh eggs that I used on the clearance item and got them for $1.30 a carton for cage free eggs.  They usually sell for $3.89 a carton.  Worried they won't stay fresh until you can use them?  Either crack them open and freeze them or boil 'em up and they keep a week in the fridge. 

No comments:

Post a Comment